Saturday, December 4, 2010

the vortex of the bathroom

I was in the bathroom. And there is just something about the bathroom that very sneakily opens all the doors in your mind and lets anything rush in. Its a race, and the things that are closest, waiting just outside are usually what rush in first. And in the swirling chaos of thoughts that have been waiting for there chance to take the stage those with the stongest stage presence the attention grabbers are what I remember as I leave. Maybe its because my mind is always allowed to wander in this one room. Always. So the second I enter it knows that this is free time, to chance to do anything, and it has a hayday, trying to get me to see all the things I missed while I was in control.
Anyway....
I was in the bathroom.
I these are some of the things I thought--the show-stealers (in no particular order).
1. "Joy is more powerful than pain."
2. I have been significantly impacted by this idea: be grateful for love instead of figuring out whether or not you deserve it.
3. Decision making is so complicated.
4. I am so glad to have really really discovered that I am not perfect. And even today (although I only woke up an hour ago) I have already messed things up. And I have failed in some major ways. And although I know this and I am sad to have missed opportunities to help others and to become better myself, I am happy, because it is still possible for me to do something else right today, and tomorrow, and the next day.

3 comments:

  1. I love the "it is still possible for me to do something else right today, and tomorrow, and the next day." That is beautiful and perhaps why I hope hope will continue to spring eternal for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, i agree with Die Mutter (german for the mother--no I do not want anyone to die), that was my favorite part and "Joy is stronger than pain"?? If I was still in a tatoo phase I would consider getting it on my wrist or something--in latin haha no, but really...
    And I love you. I am glad someone else has noticed the power of a good sit on the pot

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahahahah Katy.

    Yes, that same part is going in my quote book, the "tomorrow, and the next day," part. Especially on those days you are either running around like a chicken with its head cut off, or those days that you need to just be lazy and unproductive.

    UPDATE THIS THING, WOMAN! You are quite a thoughtful person.

    ReplyDelete