Sunday, February 20, 2011

Hannah's birthday!

I always think I have so many things to say, and then I see the little blinking line incessantly prodding me, Come on, Come on, Come on!, I'm waiting!, Hurry up!, Type, Type, Type, Type...
And anything that I may have wanted to say it gone.

Yesterday was Hannah's birthday.
We are very different people. We have plenty of things in common (e.g. our family, singing, similar life circumstances, similar beliefs, etc.), but we are, fundamentally, when it comes down basic personality and inclination, quite different--especially for people with so many shared influences. But in the last little while it has been wonderful to find out about who she really is and to find out that I like her being different from me. It is much more interesting. And although it may make it harder to connect in every casual conversation, it teaches me how to love (her as well as others) better, more fully, and really for who they are. That is all I want to say today.

1 comment:

  1. I have just made a new rule: I, Amy, may no longer read your blog in the BYU library, because I look like a middle aged lunatic bawling my eyes out while I am smiling. Someone may take me away and lock me up.

    I love how you two are so different and so wonderful.

    love you

    mom

    ReplyDelete