Thursday, March 3, 2011

a good example

I had a really good day today.
It started at 7 at the temple with Amber. She is just so amazing. Even more so because I know how far she's come. She had to go through a lot of hard things and because of that she really found out what's important and what's not. And since she came to know her Savior and figure out what matters to her in life and all that good stuff about growing up (when I say growing up, I mean like actually maturing/progressing--which can happen at any age, but usually comes at similar periods in many people's lives) she actually has the parts of the gospel in her life that really matter and that she has a really belief in. She doesn't feel at all fake. (Like so many of my interactions with people, particularly people who are in similar stages of life as me seem to feel.) She isn't just stuck on traditions that, maybe she even logically knows the reasons for but doesn't REALLY know--like "in the fleshy tables of her heart" as Brother Hunsaker would say. She means it and it comes out in all of her conversation. She has really come to understand things about herself and her life and just life in general through her hardship that are really amazing.

I don't necessarily want to be forced to be humbled through the type of hardship that she has had--it has come with its own issues and baggage-- but I want to be able to humble myself enough to learn those really important, really basic things about my life and myself that will really make the difference in who I am and will really open my up to being more Christlike (aka being able to love better--love my family, my friends, my Savior, truth, being good, and hopefully someone who will stick with me forever).

No comments:

Post a Comment